Wednesday, March 23, 2011

 

Uncle Nick

My Uncle Nick died today.  I didn’t know him very well but I liked him.  I know he was a good Republican and he was always nice to me when he was in Massillon.  Uncle Nick will be buried in Massillon and there will be a service on Saturday morning.  Not the best time for me because we were supposed to leave for Florida that morning but I’m going to head down a little later in the day (thanks to Southwest Airlines, they are incredible and accommodated two changes to my itinerary).  I’ve missed other Aunt and Uncle funerals in my day but I need to be at this one. 

 

I didn’t have the best day at work today either.  Funny how some days go I guess.  I wrote this somewhere else today“Sometimes, after a rough day at work and in life, the only thing that makes you feel good is your family and a bourbon on the rocks. Cheers to Uncle Nick, a man I wish I had known better.”  I’m not sure what Uncle Nick’s favorite drink was but I think bourbon is fitting. 

 

That pretty much sums it up I think. 


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?