Monday, October 18, 2010

 
I posted some new photos below but I thought I would fill in about some of the last week. I went to DC for the day/night last Thursday. I went down for a Mitch Daniels lunch; I don't think I've been to DC since the Bush inauguration in 2000. The whole trip brought back a lot of memories when I briefly lived there in 1988. I'm amazed at a few things, much more security now of course and you can't just walk around by yourself in the Capitol Building. It was raining and I couldn't even take the underground tunnels I was so familiar with when I was there. They moved a bunch of things around too, my favorite ice cream place was closed, moved to another location. The cafeteria in the Longworth Building is now on the other side of the hall. Just little things, but I enjoyed walking around. I stopped in our DC office and had a late dinner with an old friend who is working for an Ohio Congressman now. Great trip except for the late train to Baltimore and the 5:00 wakeup call to get home.

I had to get home early because Henry didn't have school on Friday so I took him and Jack to the zoo in the afternoon. Beautiful day. Saturday Henry had an all-star flag football game then we took off for the lake. Turned the heat on for the first time and built a fire which kept us plenty warm, anxious to see how it heats up when its 20 degrees out. Sunday we went to Roscoe Village for an apple butter festival and I was very impressed. We will definitely go back again but we had the perfect fall day for it. Today Henry was off again so we went to Marietta and looked around. Another great little town that would be a fun weekend trip because most things are closed on Monday and some only open on the weekends. Enjoy the photos:

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?