Wednesday, July 14, 2010

 

I'm off to beautiful Celina tonight for a fundraiser tomorrow morning. Celina is home to Grand St. Mary's Lake, maybe the most toxic lake in America. It's having some kind of toxic algae problem because of fertilizer runoff from local farms. Last year we took a pontoon boat out on it and it was nasty; this year I think we are going to skip it. Two interesting facts: in 1845 it was the largest man-made lake in the world and secondly it was the site of the first underwater oil and gas wells in the U.S. I also met Miss Ohio there last year and I'm pretty sure she was smitten with me. She kept saying how lucky Sarah is. I agree.

Comments:
ah. my hometown. i love it. and i can't believe you didn't go swing past my house.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?