Thursday, July 08, 2010

 
I feel bad for Cleveland tonight. Hey, I'm not big Cleveland sports fan, I don't like the Indians or the Browns. But I've always rooted for the Cavs, they are the only Ohio NBA team we have. Frankly, I'm not a very big NBA fan either. I've probably watched a total of 60 minutes of NBA basketball in the last two years. But, that was only because of LeBron.

I feel bad for Cleveland for a lot of reasons but the biggest thing I keep coming back to is about the message this sends to kids. Let's face it, LeBron owed nothing to Cleveland. Cleveland owes everything to him. But, with his decision he is saying that for him its all about winning. I understand winning and wanting to win. But he's done that with Cleveland and could have continued to do that. It wasn't about his family or finances, Cleveland could have paid him $30 million more than Miami over this contract. So don't give me that it was about his family. In the end, he decided to ditch his hometown for his homies, friends of his that he would rather hang out with. With his departure he likely leaves Cleveland with the worst team in the NBA and a fanbase that has to explain to their kids that LeBron would rather be in FL than in Ohio.

Good riddance. Let's hope our kids have better role models than NBA players.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?