Sunday, May 16, 2010

 




After and before. Here is the work done on the fireplace at the lake today. I know it doesn't look like much but we (my neighbor Shake and I) did the hardest part first and it was slow going. The corners were not fun and there were a lot of them. The straight pieces at the top go pretty quick so I'm excited to get back down and finish it up. We probably would have gotten further but we ran out of mortar. Memorial Day is two weeks away and I'd say we are 80 percent done with things that we need to do before then. We need to finish the walls upstairs and in the stairwell, put doors on the utility closet and finish the fireplace. Oh, and finish up the stair treads and risers and install the rail upstairs. Then we'll be ready to go. I'm thinking of having an old fashioned bar raising this summer with my handy friends. Need to get the bar done but that's not urgent.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?