Saturday, January 16, 2010

 

Sarah and I went to the Cleveland boat show yesterday and came away disappointed. It was half what it was last year, the economy has really hurt the boat industry. But we did find a boat that we like so now its just a matter of figuring out when to buy it and hope its still available. That's tough because they could sell it today to tomorrow so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I was hoping to buy it at the end of March when we (hopefully) get our bonus but I don't think I can wait that long. I'll probably buy it soon and just pay down the loan in March.
The boat is a brand new 2008 Yamaha 23 footer. The photo above is the boat, I was sold on it when I saw it was orange. It has a wakeboard tower, which I'm not sure we need now but will someday and its a nice boat. Yamaha boats don't have a propeller, they are powered by two internal motors with essentially a jet stream. They are quick to plane and easy to maneuver. Not sure what else I can say. There are some new 2009 boats out there that we would also buy if the 2008 is purchased before I pull the trigger.
So, the boat show in the end was a success as far as us finding a boat. We even got to eat at the Skyway in Mansfield on the way home since the neighbors were watching the boys. It was great.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?