Friday, January 22, 2010

 

Boat update

The orange 2008 Yamaha is back in play, the guy who put the deposit is going with another boat.  Allegedly.  It's like any other big purchase, I feel like everyone is playing a game.  The place in Mansfield where I stopped today said that Yamaha has offered to buy back their 2009 inventory so their price has actually gone up a bit from what it was this morning.  I only half believe them because of course they'll still sell me a boat.  Then there's the crazy prices in Dayton which make no sense to me, the regular boats are the same price as the limited edition price.  We like the limited edition but probably not for a few thousand more.  Oh, and I found out yesterday that covers aren't included but could be installed for almost a thousand bucks.  It comes with a bimini top when you are on the water but the cover it comes with isn't really conducive to keeping a boat in the water, which we obviously plan to do.  Add all this along with the fact that I just found out that our local Columbus dealer has two 2008 boats and things are getting tiresome. We are going to look at the one or ones in Columbus tomorrow but they are $1000 more than the ones up near Cleveland; if the guy deals he might just have a sale. 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?