Thursday, August 27, 2009

 
At the St. Louis City Museum, the craziest/neatest museum I've ever been to. 600,000 sq. feet large, built in an old shoe factory, its Willy Wonka meets Pee Wee Herman like with tunnels, caves, slides, etc. everywhere. The caves were a bit scary for Henry and a little tight for dad but we still had a blast. It is a must see attraction for kids and adults alike if you ever visit StL. Henry and I both crawled through this tunnel and it almost killed me (I dropped my blackberry from 25 feet, it was in 3 pieces and once put back together it still works!).


Here is a slide that Henry and I both went down. What was I thinking?

Different take on the little balls you usually see.

This kinda gives you an idea of the place. The colored tubes in the top left of the photo is a 2 story slide.
More interesting stuff.


This is a view of the caves. I didn't even notice the face until I saw it in the photo. It's dark in these tunnels!

More dark tunnels lit up with my flash.

Lunch at TGIF. Not very authentic and violates everything I believe in when visiting a city (eat at local unique places) but with a hungry almost six year old exceptions have to be made.

Below the arch.
Henry with Thomas Jefferson behind him below the arch. TJ, one of our greatest Presidents and a believer in personal responsibility and rights.

At the top of the arch.

The ballpark from the top of the arch.

At the top of the arch, looking at the Mississippi River.

Inside the pod that takes you to the top of the arch.
Here is the inside of one of the pods that take you to the top of the arch. As you can see, not much room in there. They sat five total people.

Here we are waiting for the "pods" to arrive to take us to the top of the arch.

Here is the view from our room. The hotel was nice, nothing really special, but it was a block from the ballpark.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?