Sunday, June 21, 2009

 

I've been lobbying in Columbus since January of 1995. I've gotten to know a lot of legislators, many of whom have been term limited out, some of whom have flipped chambers (some back and forth) and a few who have moved up into Congress.
One of my favorite legislators is Bob Schuler from Cincinnati. We met when I first arrived and proceeded to drink a lot of Bud Lights and smoke a few cigars together the last 15 years. I can't remember a conference that we attended where we didn't have dinner and I got to know his wife Shelagh very well. He was probably my all-time favorite legislator, the nicest guy you could ever meet and someone who many will say "he was one of the good guys". That's nice but it doesn't go far enough to describe him. He was one of the great guys, the nicest I've met since working here.
Bob passed away Friday after a battle with cancer. I'll miss him a lot. Tomorrow is calling hours and the funeral is Tuesday. I'm not a big funeral guy but I'll go to Bob's because of my close relationship with Shelagh.
Rest in Peace Bob. I'll miss you.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?