Tuesday, April 21, 2009

 
We had our second and final parent teacher conference today with Henry's teachers. There's not much else to say except that I am very, very proud of him. He is "meeting current expectations for the end of the grade level" in almost every category and this is based on kindergarten. He is exceeding expectations in:

He is making appropriate progress in:

Did I mention that this assessment is for kindergarten students and that Henry won't start K until the fall? We are lucky that we live in a great school district; we are confident that Henry will be challenged and will be well ahead of where other kids are next year. Does that translate to him being an honor student once he gets to high school? I don't know but its certainly better than the alternative. I always thought Henry's birthday was a bit of a bad thing but now I'm beginning to think that it gave him a jump start on other kids that he'll be in school with. I know being the youngest kid in his soccer league hasn't held him back. Sure, there are kids better than him this year but they are a year older and have likely played soccer for at least a year more than Henry.

Did I mention that I'm proud of Henry? It sure makes a parent feel good to hear that his boy is one of the stars of the class and to see the data to back it up.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?