Saturday, April 04, 2009

 
I need to keep a spreadsheet of all the money we are going to spend on the cottage. Today we found some cool lake related signs and stuff at Old Time Pottery so we had to get it. Then we moved on to a fireplace store where we bought two chimney caps, a fireplace screen and a sailboat model along with some dinner plates. Kind of an odd purchase lot but we liked all the stuff.

I think we've decided to install engineered wood floors throughout the living area of the cottage and tile the kitchen floor. I don't want to do laminate floors but I also don't want to spend the money on all wood floors so this is a nice compromise. Sarah and I went down for the first time on Friday to check things out and take measurements of some of the rooms. On my short term list is doing the great room, bedroom and hallway floors and ripping out the ceilings and paneling in the bedrooms. After that, I'll replace the kitchen cabinets and the floor.

I'm hoping to start on the lower level this fall. It's pretty much a blank canvas so we'll need to spend some time and really figure out what we want. Although the bathroom is finished, it was done cheaply so I'll probably tackle that at some point. It's nice having a fireplace down there; it gives up options for a wood burning stove or to keep it as is and just burn logs.

I think we are going to go down again tomorrow and rip out carpet to see what's underneath it. Who knows, maybe its hardwood floors? That would be nice.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?