Tuesday, February 03, 2009

 
Here are 25 random things about me that I did for another web site:
  1. I was 22 when I flew on an airplane for the first time and I’ve flown hundreds of times since then, including 9/11 when I got stuck in Chicago.
  2. I have never done an illegal drug in my life (and I’ve never smoked a cigarette either).
  3. I’m still close with a number of guys from my grade school days, count them as my best friends and get together with them often.
  4. I know that stupid people is a subjective term but I have little patience for them.
  5. I worked in Congressman Ralph Regula’s Canton office for almost five years and loved going to work every day.
  6. The older I get the more pet peeves I have.
  7. I’m adopted and have never had the desire to find my natural birth parents. My sister is adopted too and I think she tried to find hers but I don’t think she was successful.
  8. I wish that everyone would take personal responsibility in their lives and not expect someone else to do everything for them.
  9. I don’t look good in a suit, whether it cost $2000 or $250 (I would never again spend $2000 on a suit).
  10. I love Massillon and the history of the city and our football team but I’m probably more obsessed with Ohio State football at this point in my life. But if given the choice I would take a Tiger state championship over a Buckeye national one.
  11. I haven’t missed a Massillon v. McKinley football game since 1980; that’s 33 straight games including the playoffs.
  12. I don’t know anyone who is a worse singer than me except maybe my wife.
  13. I collect ticket stubs from events that I attend and probably have over 300. The 1992 Olympics, a bullfight in 1988, and the Buckeyes national championship win are a few of my favorites.
  14. I don’t drink more than two alcoholic drinks a day but that sounds like I need to have two drinks every day. In reality, I probably have two drinks a week now.
  15. I was always the fastest kid in my grade until Craig Johnson transferred to Massillon during my junior year in high school and proceeded to set the state record in the 100 meter dash that year (he used to beat me by more than five yards which is a lot in a race that distance).
  16. I once walked away from a blackjack table in New Orleans with $3400 of winnings and took all of it home with me.
  17. My parents did a great job in raising me and I appreciate that more and more as I make decisions about how to raise Henry and Jack.
  18. I took my last college class in Madrid, Spain before returning home and passing the required foreign language test to receive my International Relations degree (I think there were only four other people who received it in 1988).
  19. I am genuinely afraid of where our President and Congress want to take our country. Say what you will about George Bush but he never wanted to fundamentally change the foundation of our nation.
  20. Sports allowed me to be in the cool group growing up but absent that I probably would have been a nerd.
  21. I feel blessed to be at my mom’s side when she passed away. I didn’t think that would happen since I live two hours away but I’m glad I was there.
  22. I’m still not sure what I want to do in life when I grow up. I’m pretty sure I’ll be a writer but I need to take the first step and start writing.
  23. I played football in college for a year at the University of Dayton.
  24. I formed a business with a friend to buy houses and rent them to mentally retarded adults in Stark County. We own two and are looking at a third.
  25. Some day I’m going to buy a large sailboat and sail the Caribbean Islands. I may have two drinks a day then…
  26. If I could take my family and friends and trade places with anyone in the world it would be Jimmy Buffett.
  27. I was an average student who was labeled with the famous moniker “he would do well if he applied himself”.
  28. My wife Sarah is a source of strength for me and I’m glad she is Mrs. Briggs. I’m proud of what she has accomplished in life and know that she will be much more successful in whatever she does than I ever will be.
  29. I never knew that having kids would be so much fun and wish I hadn’t waited until my late 30s. I’m not sure what was important in life before them.
  30. Was this supposed to be 25 or 30 random things?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?