Saturday, December 20, 2008

 

Five Oaks

Last night, I went to Massillon to attend a reunion of former and current Ralph Regula staffers.  It was at the Massillon Women's Club, a true jewel in the city.  I don't think I had been there since 1981 when I went to a Sadie Hawkins dance with Jackie Suarez.  I don't have a lot of memories of it but do know we had our photo taken on the grand steps. 
 
The event was really nice, it was great seeing people I had worked with 20 years ago.  We've lost Louise since that time but her husband was there.  Everyone else I worked with, Jeannette, Sam, Daryl, Ellen and Bob were there.
 
I'm accused of being a cynic as far as politics goes but if everyone was like Ralph Regula I wouldn't be.  Maybe its naive to think that politicians should always do the right thing but I think that's pretty much what you get with him.  He's a great man and has done a lot of big things for northeast Ohio.  His presence in Congress will be missed.
 
File:Five Oaks (Massillon, OH).JPG

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?