Tuesday, November 04, 2008

 

Voting

I'm in line at our polling place at 7:45 am. Looks to be an hour wait. I always thought it was hilarious that democrats cried foul four years ago when lines were long. They thought somehow they were being cheated and lines were only long at "democrat" polling places. I'm here to tell you that I waited more than 2 hours then and it looks like another long one today.

A large group of lobbyists get together every two years on election day and golf. Most years the weather is awful and there have been some years when 9 holes was enough. Today will be different. If I make my 10:30 tee time.

For years I've attended election night parties, usually at the Hyatt Regency downtown. I ended that tradition a few years ago and let Sarah have her fun now. Tonight a group is gathering for dinner at Mortons but if all goes well with Netflix I'll be on my couch watching the new Indiana Jones movie before turning on the bad news.

I'm actually predicting a Obama victory but a much narrower one than the experts. Some believe this is the rebirth of the democrat party but I think the opposite. America is still a moderate/lean conservative country. What we are getting with this election does not reflect us. I understand this desire for change but don't think people want the government to do more in their lifes.

I think people will be in for quite the shock when the Obama/Nancy Pelosi policies begin.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?