Thursday, October 23, 2008

 

Robo Calls

I got a phone call in my office today from the AFL-CIO.  It was a real person and she asked me if I had voted yet or had made my mind up who I was going to vote for.  I said I had made my mind up and she asked me if I would mind sharing it with her. 
 
I wish I could say I uttered some great line or expletive but I simply told her I would not share it with her and hung up on her.  I can't believe the nerve of someone calling and asking me about something so private as this. 
 
Way back in 1990, I helped run the Stark County GOP phone bank for Voinovich's election bid for Governor.  I bet its not a lot different today than it was back then.  Show up every night, get your volunteers to sit down with a bunch of names and numbers and start calling people and read from a script.  The hard part was always getting people to actually come in and do it.  It was pretty boring work but I still felt I contributed something to his win. 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?