Tuesday, October 21, 2008

 
I've attended two Presidential inaugurations and 4 Governor's. By far my favorite was the one for George HW Bush. I was 22, had just started working for Congressman Regula and was learning the political ropes. My old friend Susan Markowich went to D.C. with me and we spent a couple days sightseeing. We had great seats for the swearing-in ceremony and afterwards went back to Regula's office for a small reception. I was watching tv in Ralph's office while they were broadcasting the festivities and watched Ronald Reagan and Nancy get into a helicopter and wave one last time. It took off and I looked outside the window and watched it fly over the Capitol and speed off into the sky.

A great memory, something I'll remember forever. Ronald Reagan was a great President and brought the Republican party out of the nightmare of Watergate.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?