Tuesday, September 16, 2008

 
The power came on last night at 3:00 a.m. I knew when I heard Jack's lamp singing "Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh". I got up because a bunch of switches were turned to on including Jack's and Henry's but neither of them woke up. I plugged the fridge and freezer back in (although I had dumped most of the food last night) and the hot water heater.

It's nice to have power back, it's hard to believe how much you miss it. We had all the neighbors over for dinner on our GAS grill and I even made cookies on it because the frozen dough needed to be used. We had cold beer and a fire and all in all it was a fun night. But it would have quickly gotten old if we had to do it for another 5 nights.

We lost a lot of food but that's to be expected. I think we saved a lot of the frozen steaks and chicken by giving them to a neighbor with a generator. I'll definitely go out and buy a generator in the next few weeks and also put together a better emergency kit for outages like this.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?