Wednesday, September 10, 2008

 
Not much going on in life. Tigertown Properties LLC bought its second house today in Perry Township between Massillon and Canton. I hope to close by the end of September and our renters are moving in November 1.

I think we got a really good deal on this house, it sold for $144K a few years ago and we picked it up for far less than that, maybe because it was bank owned. At least I hope we got a good deal. Regardless, the numbers work out that the house will be paid off in less than ten years.

I'm excited about these investments although it was tough selling my IBM, Budweiser and Coke stock today. I began investing in those companies back in 1999, when I had money and nothing to spend it on. I didn't know a lot about investing but I knew that blue chips stock seldom went down for a long period of time and that if the money was automatically taken out of my checking account I didn't miss it. So every month I had $25, $50 or $100 taken out and invested.

Nearly ten years later, I've become attached to these companies. But not attached enough to dismiss a great investment.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?