Tuesday, August 26, 2008

 
I'm back. I was lucky today, my flight left before the airlines had all the delays. Thank god, being stuck at the Denver airport wouldn't have been fun although it is very nice.

It's good to be home, I missed the boys. But I also had fun in Denver, it's a great town. Conventions are generally fun but you do see the same people over and over again. You really aren't talking a lot about issues but I do think its a great tool for relationship building.

Someone asked me last night whether the democrat convention is different than the Republican ones. This being my first democrat convention, I had wondered about that too. But my answer was easy, they are the same. Structured events all day, full schedule of parties at night. There's not a lot going on during the day for non-delegates but after 9:00 p.m. its free drinks and that doesn't end until the bars close down. Last night we were at a ESPNzone and had a great time playing video games, shooting baskets, racing cars, etc. I was beat afterwards but we still managed to stay up until 2:00 a.m.

Sarah got passes tonight and is at the convention as I type. I'm glad she had the chance to go, its definitely a cool thing to do once.

Rocky Mountain National Park was beautiful. I'm not sure what other words I can use to describe it. Definitely a place I would go back to. I'd love to hike there but the thin air would make it interesting. I'll post some photos when our camera makes it back to Ohio on Thursday.

This morning, I went to the Colorado Capitol Building. As noted in a previous post, I collect Capitol Buildings (and also National Park patches but I only have 3 different patches thus far) so I'm glad I had a chance to see it. Afterwards, our driver took us around Denver and showed us some of the sites. I'm glad I got to do that, up to that point I felt like I hadn't seen much of it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?