Sunday, July 20, 2008

 
Last Sunday evening I went up to Wooster and spent the night at Representative Jim Carmichael's house. Jim has an annual golf outing fundraiser and this is the last year he will be an Ohio legislator because of term limits. He's running for Wayne County Commissioner this year. I'll miss Jim, he worked for East Ohio Gas for 30+ years and is one of the good guys in the legislature.

After his outing on Monday, I drove to Akron and checked in at a villa at Firestone C.C. Chrisy Bowen had a number of lobbyists up there for dinner and golf. We played the south course on Tuesday, a couple weeks before the PGA will be there. I did not play well but it was fun. My golf game is awful and I'm not into it as much as I once was. I enjoy getting out with friends but I don't enjoy hacking.

This Tuesday, I head down to New Orleans for a conference. I'll be there 3 nights; I'm excited about the food but know I'll miss the family. This should be my last travel for a while.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?