Tuesday, July 08, 2008

 
I can't understand the debate on high gasoline prices. One political party wants to drill offshore and in Alaska. One party has prevented it for twenty years.

I may have mentioned on this blog that when I interned for Ralph Regula in 1988, my first issue to write constituent letters on was the Alaskan Natural Wildlife Refuge (ANWR). The issue of drilling in ANWR has been going on for at least TWENTY years. I keep hearing "well, the first drop of oil won't flow from there for ten years". That may be true but we have to start somewhere. A million barrels of oil a day would help lower prices and lower imports from the Middle East.

How can Americans complain about importing oil and paying $4 a gallon when we prohibit drilling in the biggest oil fields in our country. I'll continue to scratch my head on this one and keep listen to the demagoguery coming from one side of the political aisle.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?