Thursday, June 19, 2008

 
Three posts in a 12-hour period.

I drove through East St. Louis yesterday on my way to the airport. CNN was there last night reporting on the flooding. On the bridge over the Mississippi, I did see a lot of water, higher than I've ever seen it before. The Mississippi River is always an impressive sight but its certainly moreso when its high.

On my drive to the airport, I stopped by the Cozy Drive In. They invented the corndog but my god, don't ask for one of those. It's called a Cozy Dog there and they remind you. You see all kinds of strange things when you travel but yesterday was up there. Three guys pulled up in the parking lot, got out and put on superhero costumes. Older guys, maybe early 40s. Okay, I think Smallville was in Illinois but I have no idea why Robin and Captain America were at the Cozy Drive In and I didn't stick around to find out. For all I knew, they were going to rob the joint of all the corndogs they could carry.

The Cozy is a neat place, one of many on Route 66. Someday I'd like to drive the entire Route 66 but it won't be the same...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?