Wednesday, June 18, 2008

 
I have a little time to write, Sarah is asleep and I'm on Illinois time. I should go all the way back to Henry's graduation since I didn't write anything about it. I posted some photos and I have a lot more to put up.

Henry graduated on June 6th from his preschool class. As you probably know, he has moved to another preschool and will start a kindergarten class this fall instead of going to "real" kindergarten. Children First put on a great graduation, all the preschoolers sang songs and the graduates had a couple that they sang themselves. The best thing, and the thing that brought a tear to my eyes, was when they went up to the microphone and said what they wanted to be when they grew up. Henry followed a girl who wanted to be a princess and he made a great statement: "My name is Henry William John Briggs and I want to be an astronaut when I grow up".

Now, Henry knows a lot about space. He knows most of the planets, maybe all of them, and even knows something about each because I ask him questions like "which is the red planet". But he has always told me that he didn't want to be an astronaut because its dark in space and scary so I was surprised at what he said. Sure, it'll be a fireman next year but I'm still hopeful for the astronaut thing.

After the recital, everyone went back to his room for a potluck. I know Brooke Buzzard, his teacher, cried when Henry left. We'll still see her though, she's a great babysitter.

Photos to come tomorrow. I promise.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?