Sunday, May 04, 2008

 
Saturday's soccer game was miserable. We ended up combining with another team and didn't practice, we went straight into the game and played about 25 minutes. It poured the whole time. I had my golf rainsuit on but the kids were just out there. They didn't seem to mind though.

The rain was gone by 4:00 and our derby party. I think it was our best one yet, we had a ton of people this year.

We went to the park today and I cut the grass for the first time. What a great day to be outside.

I did want to comment on our Attorney General Marc Dann, who was in the news a bit this week. I've known Marc since his first year in the Senate when we went to D.C. with a Jewish organization to visit the Holocaust Museum. Bottom line, even though he has brought all his problems on himself, I feel sorry for him. He should never have been elected AG. A guy who is disciplined by the Supreme Court shouldn't be the state's top lawyer. Betty Montgomery was a much better choice but in that democratic year her die was cast. Marc is a decent enough guy, he just has no clue how to run a large office like that. I've known about his affair for some time, I think a lot of people had heard the rumors, but I'm pretty good about keeping secrets. Do I think he should resign? Yes, although the Republican party should beg to keep him around for two more years and have him run for reelection. He should resign, not just for this scandel, but for all the bad things he has done thus far as AG.

I'm off to Illinois for two days of open houses for the Prarie Fork Wind Farm.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?