Wednesday, May 14, 2008

 
I still feel sorry for Marc Dann. Someone told me today they didn't feel sorry for him because he cheated on his wife. I can appreciate that sentiment but for some reason I'm feeling compassion for the guy.

I've said before that I know Marc pretty well. It's just a case of a guy not having a clue about running a large organization like the AGs office. I'm not so sure I would be able to do it. And who wouldn't hire some close friends in that situation? I have friends that I've known for 35+ years that I would hire in a minute if given that job. However, I wouldn't cut them the slack that Dann probably gave his buddies.

The Statehouse is in a lot of ways like college. I learned that when I first came to Columbus in 1995. Drinking and carousing was part of the job back then. It's not like that any more, at least for me. I'm sorry Marc got caught up in it but I plan on sending him a note soon. That's the least I can do for a guy who made some dumb mistakes who paid a hefty price.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?