Wednesday, May 28, 2008

 
I read my first Hemingway book in Madrid Spain. How appropriate. The Sun Also Rises was truly one of the greatest books I've ever read. I'm not sure how I got to be 22 years old before reading it; I consider myself generally very well read. My mom instilled that in me at an early age. I remember going to the West Side Library in Massillon and checking out books at an early age. Seems to me that I learned how to read at age 5 but I'm not sure. I know mom would check out ten plus books at a time and would read them nightly.



There was a time when my reading slowed down, probably through the high school years with sports and girlfriends and everything else going on. Then in college it seems like you never got to read for enjoyment, only for research and study.



Henry and I went to the library last night and checked out 10 books. We generally read two books a night. He can read the beginners books pretty good with my help. I think he's ahead of the game as far as that goes. I got a pirate book that looks to be fiction and caught my eye. I'll have to put down the Pilgrim book I'm reading. I also bought some new and used books off Amazon last night with a $100 gift card that Dominion sent me for my 15 year anniversary.



There are a lot of classics out there that I have on my list of books to read. Massillon must not have done a good job of requiring us to read those. You would be amazed at some of the books that I haven't read but I'm going to put those high on my list. The Catcher in the Rye, Gulliver's Travels, Animal Farm, 1984, you are on the clock.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?