Thursday, May 29, 2008

 
I had a long day today. I flew to Chicago Midway at 8:30 then drove two hours to the groundbreaking for our Indiana Wind Farm. Unfortunately, I forgot to calculate that I was leaving eastern standard time, landing in Central time and driving back to eastern so I missed the actual ceremony. I did get to see some people and sat next to the President of BP America, who happened to testify in front of Congress last week on the high price of oil.

I did get lucky and got on an earlier flight home; I was supposed to stay in Chicago (at the fancy Drake Hotel) tonight but the guy we were taken out to dinner needed to be in Springfield so we canceled. I don't mind, I'm tired and looking forward to a nice weekend.

I drove by a windfarm near the one we are building. It's pretty incredible, the turbines are huge. I'm glad I'm doing my part for global warming but all the driving and flying I'm doing isn't helping my carbon footprint any. I'm back to Illinois next week on "my" project.

Comments:
Doing your part for global warming?? WHAT global warming??
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?