Wednesday, April 02, 2008

 















Wednesday - The weather wasn't bad but we decided to head south to the Punta Gorda area. It was the only putt-putt place in the area and Henry loves to putt putt. It was a great facility, right next to the water and 36 challenging holes, but we only golfed 18.

Afterwards, we headed over to Fisherman's Wharf where the replica ship, the Nina, was docked. Sarah, Henry and I went on it. There really wasn't much to it but I did learn that the 27-member crew slept on the deck on the voyage over. The ship is tiny, I don't know how they did it.

After the boat tour, we headed to the Nav-a-Gator, a local joint that had the super duper grouper sandwich. This place had it all, old Florida at its best. http://nav-a-gator.com/ . On the Peace River, it had cottages for rent, river tours, museum and gift shop. Museum and gift shop was a bit of a stretch, it looked like old junk from a garage sale. But, the sandwich was great and I liked the place a lot, my kind of dive joint. My sandwich is pictured and the photo of Jack and I will give you an idea of the nav-a-gator's decor.

That evening, Uncle Mickey came up for dinner. We had a nice steak dinner and good conversation. I think Bill and I watched "Beerfest" on DVD that night, it probably won't win any academy awards...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?