Sunday, January 13, 2008

 
Bourbon Street on Tuesday night, dead.
Here is where Emeril's aged their meat and kept some wine. I wish it came out better.

My steak, this photo doesn't do it justice. I don't like green beans but these were good because they were cooked in bacon fat.



Our restaurant, Emeril's Delmonico.



Sarah and I at the game.


We were on the 22-yard line.


The gang, Horns, Hen, me and Tony.



The bigger gang all gathered at Tropical Isle on Sunday evening.



Dinner Sunday night.



Bourbon Street on Sunday night.



The New Orleans trip was a lot of fun but had its bad moments, mostly from 7:00 - 11:00 pm on Monday night. I drank too much on Sunday, drank too much on Monday, drank moderately on Tuesday and quit drinking for two months on Wednesday. Sarah is doing it too, we are giving up alcohol until our Florida trip. I've actually decided to give up heavy drinking altogether. I figure I'm 42 years old, have had my fun and want to start thinking about living a long life for my family. My neighbor a few houses down died last week at the age of 45, leaving a wife and three kids, two of them small ones. It really has had an effect on me although he died of a freak illness that could hit anyone. Regardless, time to make some good changes in my life.

Here are some photos from the Big Easy. I should say that Sarah and I had a fantastic meal at Emeril's Delmonico on Tuesday night. We both had the 21 day aged prime steak, Sarah a strip and me a ribeye, and it was the best steak I've ever had. Oh, and I was in a parade down Bourbon Street on Sunday night.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?