Tuesday, January 01, 2008

 
12:42 a.m. New Year's Day

Sarah showed me a post I made last year on New Year's Eve. My goals are probably similar in one respect, work out more, eat healthier. I've been slacking in that lately but I am going to change that.

I think everyone is finally in bed tonight. I cleaned up the kitchen and put all the perishable items in the fridge. I have 5 or 6 guys coming over tomorrow to watch football all day so I better have some food to give them. I suspect things will kick off with a bloody mary at 9 or so when Jackie wakes up, that's a dream that he'll sleep that long without crying. He's such a good baby for the most part, so happy and always ready with a smile. But his teething has not been pleasant, he gets up and sobs in the middle of the night. Sarah says I'm soft for getting him and taking him into bed with us but I feel so bad for him.

Our party tonight was a lot of fun. The food was okay, we probably put the meat in for a tad too long and the potatoes in for not long enough but everyone ate their food. Afterwards, we played Catchphrase and it was a lot of fun. The kids celebrated midnight with us with sparkling cider so that was fun. Henry had this look on his face like "I don't know what's going on but its a blast".

I made reservations today at Arnaud's in New Orleans for the day of the national championship. I suspect we'll need some food in our stomaches around 2:00 or so and you can't get better than Arnaud's in N.O. I'm getting excited about the game, I'm excited to show Sarah the city and to share it with some of my good friends. Wrap all that up with a possible national championship for the Buckeyes and things are good.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?