Sunday, December 02, 2007

 
So Friday we went to Dennison to go on the Polar Express. This is the third year we've gone and Henry really enjoys it. They do a good job, the train travels to Newcomerstown and a lot of people come out and dress up and pretend its the North Pole. Santa comes through the train and gives all the kids a bell. It's a lot of fun. This year we stayed at the Holiday Inn in New Philly, which had a special rate. Saturday morning we drove through Amish country and stopped to get our tree. The past few years we've cut it down ourselves but this year we bought one from their lot, Jack is too small but too heavy to carry out in the fields so maybe we'll renew the tradition next year if he's up to it.

Saturday night the neighbors came over and we watched to see if the Buckeyes would find themselves in the BCS National Championship game. It was a great night and I looked pretty smart for booking airfare and hotel in New Orleans for Sarah and I. Truth be told, I had until midnight to cancel the reservation so I left myself some wiggle room. Problem is, I was counting on us playing WVU because I had tickets if that happened. Now I'll have to scramble for some.

I went to Toys R' Us today and bought the kids presents. Now I understand why my mom used to go overboard. It's fun to buy them stuff and its easy to throw another toy in the cart and think "its just once a year". I'm going to go light on Jack this year though and put the difference into his sharebuilder account. Henry has over $600 in his account from money he's received as gifts and from money we just threw into a bucket for him so I have to make sure Jack is on tract for the same. Henry owns some Johnson and Johnson and some Disney stock, I hope it goes up.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?