Friday, August 17, 2007

 
I'm going in for LASIK eye surgery this morning. Actually, it's PRK and it is kind of the original eye correction laser surgery. My corneas are very thin and my pupils are abnormally large so this is pretty much my only option. The doctor will remove my outer cornea, laser the correction, put in a band-aid contact and send me home. It will apparently be pretty painful as the cornea grows back over the next couple days but my vision improvement will be immediate and will continue to improve, hopefully to 20-20 but I'll take 20-40.

I'm excited and a little nervous. It's hard to explain how bad my eyes are but legally blind isn't too far off. But that definition includes people who can not correct their vision, obviously I can with lenses so I don't fall under that category. Let's put it this way, I can not function without glasses or contacts. So this is a big thing. I can't wait to wake up and be able to read the clock.

So, at around 11:10 this morning I'll lay down on a table and subject my corneas to laser pinpoints of light and hope for the best.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?