Tuesday, July 31, 2007

 
The Outer Banks and our vacation. First, let me talk about the bad:

And the good stuff:

I've thought about this quite a bit and I think I've come to a conclusion. All in all, I wouldn't go back until the kids are older. Mike Horner made a good point, you only have about 15 annual vacations with your kids before they want to do something with their friends. I want to take the family out to the Grand Canyon, to New York, to San Diego, Europe, etc. and that doesn't always leave time for an "annual" trip to the beach. We already go to Florida every spring and I can see us doing that for the next ten years. And we have Buck Lake for free every year so that's another week. That leaves us with a great opportunity to do something fun/educational.

The Outer Banks are great and they are beautiful. It's a great place for adults to go to but I'm not sure its the greatest for kids. Conversely, Myrtle Beach is a great place for kids but probably not my favorite place in July.

I reserve the right to change my mind on this but for now, I'll err on the side of the kids next year.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?