Saturday, June 02, 2007

 
Business travel can be fun when you are going to new cool places. But not when you are traveling to Springfield, IL every week, getting up at 5:00 a.m. to catch a flight. I'm about tapped out on this stuff and the Illinois legislature just went into overtime session with days scheduled every weekday of June. Great.

So last week I was in Springfield, but just for one night. I came back on Wednesday then Thursday drove to Cincinnati for a fundraiser that night. The fundraiser was at Great American Ballpark and we left early to go to McCormick and Schmicks. Question: If you are paying $36 for a piece of salmon, shouldn't you at least get your water glass filled up one time during dinner?

Friday I golfed at a friend's country club then Sarah and the boys met me and we went to a Reds game. We sat right behind home plate and it was fun. We stayed at the Hilton Netherlands and they gave us a big suite; Henry ended up watching the fireworks show after the game from our bathroom window.

Saturday we got up and went to the Cincinnati Zoo. It was nice but hilly, it's tough to push a stroller up and down hills. Then we came back and I had one dream, sleep in until 10:00 a.m. on Sunday. It almost happened.

The rest of the weekend was mostly yard work. And Sarah did most of it. On Labor Day I smoked a pork butt for 7 hours. It was my first one and turned out pretty good but probably needed a little more time in the smoker but its hard to maintain a steady 250 degrees using charcoal. I ended up finishing it on the grill to get it to the correct temperature.

I was in town on Tuesday and Wednesday, busy with Ohio legislative stuff, before leaving for Springfield early Thursday morning. My alarm rang at 5:00 a.m. Friday morning and I returned home and went to the Memorial golf tournament. I'm seldom in one million dollar house let alone two in one day. A day of golf awaits me today and tomorrow I may take Henry back to Muirfield. I have a parking pass so it might be fun.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?