Tuesday, April 17, 2007

 
Add the Tragically Hip to the list of concerts I've attended. Never heard of them? I hadn't either until I met Sarah. They are a Canadian band and her favorite. They played at the House of Blues in Cleveland last Saturday night. I got some tickets through a friend because it was sold out; the HOB only seats around 1200 people and this band is pretty popular in Canada so I think a lot of Canucks came down to see them.

We ate dinner at the Foundation Room, a private club within the HOB that is one of my favorite places in Cleveland. They have around 8 Foundation Rooms around the country and I've been to the ones in New Orleans and Las Vegas (where I had my bachelor party). I'm not a member but have access through ClubCorp, which the Capital Club is a part of. Anyway, I always describe it as being like the coolest, most exclusive club in NYC, real dark, couches everywhere and the staff treats you like a celebrity. They have a bunch of little private rooms that you can hang out in. The restaurant, above the bar, is incredible and I've had some great meals there. Sarah was impressed.

Our seats were in the front row of the balcony, about 50 feet from the band. The Hip rocked althought I couldn't understand any of the words to their songs. We had to leave a little bit early to get home, my sister was watching the boys and there was a wicked snow storm which caused us to be even later than we intended. All in all, a fun night.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?