Friday, January 19, 2007

 
Life of the Rich and Famous, Part III

I'm not a big NBA fan. I'll go to a game occasionally and glance at the Cavs scores every morning. But when my buddy called me a few year's ago and asked if I wanted to go to the Indianapolis Pacers game, I jumped at the chance. His company has a corporate jet and its a great way to get to Indy. He called around 2:00 and said wheels up at 4:00 so it was last minute but what the heck. There were four of us who went over. It was my first ride on his plane so the pilots did a "performance takeoff" which is essentially pulling back on the stick and going straight up in the air with a high rate of speed. The tower doesn't like it but its legal; I enjoyed it but one of the other guys didn't and he was sick the rest of the night.

The flight from Columbus is less than 30 minutes. We were met at the plane by a limo and headed downtown to St. Elmo's Steakhouse. We had a great meal; St. Elmo's is famous for their steaks but even more famous for their shrimp cocktail which is blazing hot from fresh horseradish. It's delicious.

The limo dropped us off at the arena and we made our way to our seats. They were on the floor. When I say on the floor, I mean my feet were on the hardwood floor. The tickets said they were $300 each. Wow. I even had a ball land in my lap. It was fun.

After the game, the limo took us back to the plane and 30 minutes later we were back in Columbus. What a way to go. Since then I've flown on the plane to Cleveland for an Indians game. But we didn't have field tickets.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?