Saturday, January 20, 2007

 
Bowling. What a fun and frustrating sport, game, whatever you call it. I have been bowling for a long time but never took it seriously. Our church youth groups used to do it once a year and when I was 14 or 15 a group of my friends hung out at a Massillon bowling alley for a while until it burned down (yes, it was arson). And I've already mentioned that my mom was an excellent bowler and was in leagues when I was young. I still remember all her trophies in the basement closet. So I figured I would be a decent bowler at 41 but it hasn't worked out that way.

We took Henry bowling again today and our neighbors went with us. I started out well, couple strikes in a row before faltering and finishing with a 112 or so. My second game was much better, a 129. I think a lot of it has to do with the weight of the ball, when I switched to a heavier one I started knocking down a lot more pins. Seems like common sense to me but how am I to know?

Now Sarah wants to join a league. It would probably be a blast if some of the neighbors would join us and we could get a sitter that evening. Stay tuned, I'm pretty sure that I'll be throwing 300s any day soon.

Comments:
I think there are at least two bowling balls (Mom and mine) in the attic dad
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?