Tuesday, December 19, 2006

 
Today I attended my neighbor Shake's citizenship swearing-in. It was a nice ceremony and we have 51 new citizens as a result. It really is a great process and everyone should have to go see it sometime. It makes you proud that people are willing to renounce citizenship from the country they were born to become Americans.

I know Shake was happy and I am happy for him.

Here's my only complaint. When the ceremony was set to begin, some lady said "stop, my husband is not here". I understand that her husband would want to be there but the administrators held up the entire program so that she could go out and find her dumb ass husband who apparently didn't have the ability to show up on time. I'm sure he needed a cigarette or something but it always burns me up that they will delay a flight or something for one or two people, inconveniencing a lot for a few. I've missed connecting flights because of this. When the guy ended up coming in, it looked like he had just left a bar, tie undone, disheveled.

But I guess this is the American way. Accommodate the lowest denominator at the expense of those who found a way to be in the courtroom on time and ready for the show.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?