Monday, September 11, 2006

 
On May 25, 1983 I attended my first concert. I saw Journey at the old Coliseum in Cleveland. I'm not sure who else went up to the concert but I know we had two carloads because after the concert I had the bright idea to head for the other car. Both cars ended up leaving me there and I had to call my dad to come pick me up. 20+ years later, thanks Dad.

Last night I attended the Journey/Def Leppard concert at Germain. I went with Tom Ruebel and Ed Kozelek and his girlfriend. Ed has some kind of VIP pass and we sat in the 6th row and had access to a private bar. I have to say, Journey can still rock, even after Steve Perry left the band. Def Leppard wasn't as good, they sounded like the old guys that they are. These kind of concerts are just great people watching events. Mullets seemed to be the hairstyle and big girls in short skirts were everywhere. Some lady brought her 2 year old, sitting in the 8th row and I'm sure that kid will have hearing damage for life. It was a fun night and I'm glad I went.

the wheel in the sky keeps on turning...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?