Wednesday, August 23, 2006

 


This was the view from my window at the Sheraton, with Lake Michigan in the background. I ended up going on my trip but still don't feel 100 percent. We ate at Topolobampo for lunch, a 4**** Mexican joint whose owner I watch on a food show (Rick Bayless). It was okay but I wouldn't go back. I did see Rick though.

Then a few of us went to the King Tut exhibit. It was cool but I don't know if it was worth $25. Yes I'm cheap.

After a nap, we had a big dinner at Custom House, the highlight of the short trip. An old friend went to high school with the chef and he was recently named Midwest Chef of the Year by James Beard. Everyone agreed it was fabulous and we eat at some nice restaurants. It was a 3 1/2 hour dinner and afterwards a few of us went to an Irish bar next to the Sheraton. I made it until 12:30 and felt really good.

Today went well but now I'm thinking I may have to get my tonsils out. I hope not because we are leaving for Canada on Friday and hope to be gone all next week.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?