Friday, August 25, 2006

 
Foie Gras

I'm not a big fan but then I've never tried it. I've also never tried snails or sweetbread but don't mind oysters or mussels. The reason I bring it up though is because Chicago's City Council recently banned foie gras from city restaurants. I'll save my rant against big government for another day but this is ridiculous. I hate when politicians go off and do stupid things and this is exhibit number 1 in my book. They supposedly did it because ducks are treated inhumane while being overfed to make their livers larger. I'm sure ducks worldwide are quacking their approval.

I love Chicago, it has many great things. What it doesn't have is very many councilman who have some common sense. I suspect there are more pressing issues in this city.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?