Wednesday, July 12, 2006

 
Most people I know think I'm a Republican. I am but I'm a little frustrated with my party right now. It's not a Bush thing or a Congress thing as much as the entire party. I believe we have lost our way and forgotten the important thing in life: WE ALL NEED LESS GOVERNMENT IN OUR LIVES.

Big government has failed America. I don't believe the government does many things well. I guess it builds roads well. And fights wars very well. And unfortunately, it gives money to people way too well. We have created a system of entitlement that has sucked generations into a cycle of welfare. It's time we break it. But my rant on government is for another day...

So this next thing may surprise you. I think we need to outlaw talking on cell phones while driving. I'll be the first to admit that I do it. And I'll also admit I'm a much worse driver when I'm on the phone. So I limit it as much as I can, especially when I have Henry in the car. I have had some near wrecks recently and they are mostly people who are chatting away on their phone and not paying attention to other drivers. What and who is so important that we need to talk to them while driving 20 minutes into work? I see people on their cell phones when they are leaving their homes for work and again when they are pulling in their driveway. People, give me a break. You can't drive very well when you are focused on the road, let alone when you are dialing your cell phone.

Stupid drivers drive me crazy. Ask Sarah, she gets to hear most of my comments to them. And unfortunately, Henry has heard a few too...

Comments:
You're a Republican?
 
Amen...I should have added that to the list of pet peeves on my blog. I admit to using my cell while driving, but I would support banning them. Too many people are not paying attention to the road.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?