Friday, July 21, 2006

 
I'm not much into music and never have been (although I did order B.B. King's Live at the Regal, Enya and UB40's Greatest Hits today). Yes. Enya. Hey, it relaxes me. Anyway, I've not gone to a lot of concerts in my life. I've listed the ones I know below and what I remember most about each.

Journey - I was left at the old Coliseum in Cleveland by my friends. I was walking to the other car and each car thought I was with the other. Dad had to come pick me up in the middle of the night, I'm sure he wasn't thrilled. Thanks Dad!
Michael Stanley Band- My first concert at Blossom and a friend's girlfriend throwing her engagement ring at him while my girlfriend and I looked on. We found the ring.
Chicago - I worked for the UD Arena at the time and made $3 an hour building and tearing down the stage. I was backstage, waiting for the tear down so to say I saw them is a stretch.
Genesis - Same girlfriend but went to see this in college and we actually sat in different rows but right behind each other. I don't know why that happened.
Pink Floyd - In old Municipal Stadium in Cleveland, great seats on the field. Everyone else was smoking pot.
Bob Segar - Went with an old college friend and sat in the company loge. Maybe the best concert I've ever seen.
AC/DC – I've seen them twice, both in loges and they were fun concerts.
Jimmy Buffet - First time it poured and I only heard one song before leaving and the second was in Cincinnati.
Kiss - Saw them in our loge and my date got hammered and also saw them at Polaris where I drank too much.
Aerosmith/Lenny Kravitz - Sarah and I saw them in a loge and we had drinks at Mortons beforehand. We had to leave early to get home to Henry.
Bruce Springsteen - Was in the company loge and was with some higher ups so I was on my best behavior.
Crosby, Stills & Nash - AEP loge, a guy almost fell out the box. I always wondered why they put that plexiglass at the bottom of the stairs...
Elton John/Billy Joel - Another loge, another work event. They were both pretty good.

Answer to the above: I am the third PLAYER from the right in the back row.

Comments:
Hey, didn't you ever go to a CSN&Y concert???
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?