Wednesday, July 19, 2006

 
I admire Israel. They don't take shit from anyone. And for the most part, its enemies leave them alone other than talking about how it should be destroyed. This whole conflict began as a result over one kidnapped soldier and now we are on the brink of full blown war in the Middle East. And the lead story is how the United States is not getting our citizens out fast enough.

I am big into personal responsibility. Those are words I live my life by and one of the most important lessons I will pass on to Henry. If I build my home next to a highway or railroad track, I would never complain to the government that it is too loud. If I build a home in a flood plain, I would not expect a handout if my house flooded. If I go to Iraq to protest the war or to join a relief organization, I know that it is dangerous.

And now unfortunately if I go to Israel or the Middle East, I accept the fact that there is a chance I would be killed.

I want our citizens out of the Middle East. Out of Lebanon. Oh, I believe they should be responsible for paying their way out but let's get them out and deal with that later. The U.S. is the best country in the world but it can't perform miracles. Rather than criticize the government, let's thank them for doing the things necessary to help people. And pray for the people who are waiting.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?