Tuesday, June 27, 2006

 
Well, the news is out, Sarah is pregnant. I've had a lot of hits on my blog since I've sent out a link and now probably need to put some more interesting things on here. Now that we have our new camera, I can post a lot of photos. Other than a short trip to Chicago this weekend for a wedding, life should be slow until we go camping July 15.

So, you may be stuck reading my musings. I've been wanting to start a journal about all the fun things I've done in my life (mostly so I don't forget them) and maybe I'll start compiling random events on this page. I'll start with a short one:

In 1990, while working for Congressman Ralph Regula, I had a chance to have lunch with the Spanish Ambassador to the U.S. This was not a cast of thousands but was a small lunch of probably six people in a hotel room at the (now) Marriott in Canton. Al Albacete, the Director of the Canton Art Museum, became a friend and arranged it. For a 25 year old kid who had just visited Spain it was a memorable experience.

Which somehow just reminded me of another cool thing I did in 1988 while interning for Regula in D.C. McGeorge Bundy debated someone else famous (this is why I am writing this down, so I can try to remember things like who the other person was) in a Senate hearing room about Reagan's "Star Wars" missile defense system. Now you have to know that I was an International Relations major at Kent State and they had a prestigious NATO program so I had taken a lot of defense/NATO/military history classes back then so it was a fun thing for me to see.

I supported missile defense then and wonder if the doves and liberals appreciate Reagan's foresight now that North Korea has the ability to shoot nuclear weapons at us?

A missile shield would be nice with all the kooks in the world.

Next up, more stories from my internship in Washington, D.C. in 1988. Has it been that long?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?